This page describes the organisation of the University of Southampton, and lists the codes that HR and Finance use to identify them. Our organisation is also available in machine-readable RDF, in the form of the Organisation Dataset.
There are two code schemes used to identify the parts of the organisation. Two-character codes which identify the higher levels of the organisation (defined by the finance department) and ten-character codes which identify the whole formal structure of the organisation (defined by the HR department).
- Business, Law and Art
- Engineering and the Environment
- Health Sciences
- Natural and Environmental Sciences
- Physical Sciences and Engineering
- Social, Human and Mathematical Sciences
- Professional Services - COO
- Professional Services - Registrar
- Central Unit